Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hello and Welcome to No Man's Land

Greetings, one and all, and welcome to the official first post on the blog "Stultitiae Laus" (the first unofficial post occurred in the early hours of the morning last night, and was later covered up and all mentions of it erased from the recording devices located throughout the building). This is a blog dedicated to giving me a way to vocalize my latent feelings about the world I live in. (Did you think it was dedicated to you? The readers?! Honestly, if I am going to do something for others its going to be volunteering in a soup kitchen or something of the like, not starting a free blog.)

The purpose of this blog is curiosity, discussion, argument and analysis of the world we live in, specifically relating to politics, economics, and culture. I would refer to myself as an angry young man demanding swift change in our corrupt world, but I'm not that naive. I'd call myself a voice of reason in the midst of the swirling tempest of the "liberal blogo-sphere," but I'm neither that ignorant nor that stuck up. Therefore, I'll borrow a term coined by my high school history teacher and call myself an "extreme moderate."

I am an extreme moderate because I have become disillusioned with both major parties and with the very nature of modern American politics, but I honestly find anarchism, communism and other such "Utopian" philosophies to be very, very far fetched, impractical, or just downright unnecessary. I love progressivism, I love America, I love free markets, I love history and I love personal independence... but most of all I love the truth.

I'm pushing for change in the only way it has ever been effectively and truthfully achieved: through moderation, cooperation and getting past partisan politics. The day will come when our politicians preach not only "a chicken in every pot," but also that "America is worth a mass," and when it does, I want to be there.

No comments: